What would it be like to be understood? To be supported and guided unconditionally? And to have your hand held through the hard stuff?
It's likely your eating is all over the place and you're torn between feeling shattered most of the time but wanting to do better. To feel better. To be a better role model. But there's the guilt and shame. The doubt that undermines your desire to try again, leaving you feeling lost and frustrated.
If you are struggling with emotional eating, feel stuck in the restrict-binge-restrict cycle, are compulsively exercising and / or have poor body image, I see you.
The emotions you are feeling are sitting behind your struggle. They become too much to face. So you try to bury them deeper. Which only leads to more distress and the vicious cycle deepens.
Your body becomes the brunt of your disappointment, creating further disconnect and more negative feelings about who you are and how you look.
The harsh reality is that you can’t continue to abuse your body in this way. Even if you hate the way your look, you are worthy of feeling healthy and happy.
So this is where I come in.
How I can help?
We take the path together. I work intensively with my private clients. You get continuous support that gently guides you to a place of safety. From there you can start to explore the root causes of your feelings and emotions. We eat the frog and deal with all that stuff you don't want to.
You get you 100% clear on your body. To meet ALL of your nutritional and health needs AND to help you create a compassionate eating mindset. To be blunt, without working on how you think about food and feel about yourself, you won't change your eating habits. So we focus on physical and emotional nourishment not restriction.
I don't just focus on the food.
Food may be at the centre of your universe but your food choices are influenced by so much more than just how hungry you are and how much willpower you think you have. [Willpower doesn't exist by the way but I'll get to that later].
We explore everything - what you eat sure but more importantly, why you eat. How you feel about eating. And you: your work-life balance (or lack of), stress levels, exercise habits (or desires), sleep and self care. I don't mean getting a massage or meditating (although of course these can help).
I'm talking about how you meet your emotional, psychological and physical needs. How good are you at setting boundaries and managing your relationships? Because all these factors are inextricably linked to what you put in your body. You simply can’t work on one without the other.
We also tackle your beliefs and how you talk to yourself because the likelihood is, your inner voice is judgemental and mean which is stopping you from moving forward.
I am incredibly privileged to get to know my private clients. To really know them. To understand what's most important to them, what their life involves and therefore I can enable them to create the change and the life they want.
I find out what makes you tick. I help you find the foods you like that suit you best - that make you feel good from within and to meet YOUR needs. This is vital if you are managing chronic illness, or have digestive or metabolic issues.
I help you heal
I am the friendly voice on you shoulder, helping you work through and overcome your obstacles but also the one that holds you accountable.
I focus on the HOW - coaching with Mel is not just about what to do, it's about how to make sustainable changes that work for you
I can do this because I have 23 years experience working as a senior lecturer in nutrition and physiology. That's 23 years of teaching nurses, paramedics and midwives about health and disease and how to eat to support your body. 23 years of helping people like you find themselves.
Curious? Book your no obligation FREE 30 minute 30 Mins with Mel to find out how I can help you. Just click LET'S TALK
What's included in this all-inclusive package designed to heal your relationship with food and yourself.
- Full access to Mel Wakeman - continuous guidance and hand holding
- 1-1 private coaching sessions on zoom with Mel each week (or fortnight)
- ALL the tools, help and resources you need to build your knowledge, understanding and confidence.
- Receive continuous guidance and support you in real time.
- Unlimited email / message support. I am your pocket nutritionist!
- Gentle accountability.
- A flexible programme that fits around your commitments - you can pay as you go with one hour sessions or book a block of 4 and get a 25% discount.
- We get the work done and I'm always there. You will NOT be abandoned!
- I focus on you. You will be seen and heard. Your lived experience matters.
- Each package is bespoke. I work to budget too, so just ask if you need help.
This is for you if:
- You feel unsure about what foods you 'should' and 'shouldn't' have
- You are trying to manage existing health conditions
- You eat your feelings
- You eat in secret
- You feel your eating is out of control. And so is your body
- You hate looking at yourself in the mirror
- Your GP is rubbish at giving any useful advice
- You've been palmed off by other 'health professionals' who can only advice you to 'just lose weight'
- You're tired of constantly thinking about your next snack or meal; when is it? what should it be? Is it healthy enough?
- You beat yourself up after 'over indulging'
- Feel stuck in the eat-diet-repeat cycle
- You want to enjoy life and all that it offer but feel scared about your future health (when you allow yourself to think about it)
- You would like to live longer!
This is not for you if:
- You are not willing to invest in yourself.
- Your focus is solely on weight loss
- You are not open to doing things differently
- You can’t commit to taking action.
In 30 minutes I'll explain exactly how you can start taking the right action. You’ll receive a personal insight to what WILL work for YOU.