Well-being at Work
Your employees are your most valuable asset; their health and well-being is central to your organisation's success.
Without healthy and happy employees, your business will not achieve it's true potential, at worst it will fail.
Do any of your employees struggle with any of the following:
Any of these issues can lead to a loss of staff engagement, morale, motivation and productivity. This in turn costs your organisation through the increased associated costs of absenteeism, presenteesim and staff turnover. Sickness absence can make up ~9% of an organisation's annual costs. With more workers managing chronic conditions this group contributes the highest sickness absence rate across all groups.
Are you confident you are supporting your staff health and well-being as much as you can?
It's wishful thinking to assume that good employees can be replaced. That employee carries an added value that is often overlooked: not only the extensive experience and deep institutional knowledge, product, systems, and process knowledge. The client relationships they have built over many years, the camaraderie and influence with their coworkers. Lose that employee and your corporate culture and identity is affected.
A workplace health and well being initiative will help you optimise the work environment and develop a culture that allows you to attract and keep the best talent.
Benefits for employees
- Improved health and well-being (better physical and mental health by reducing the impacts of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, low mood and musculoskeletal disorders)
- Faster recovery from illness
- Greater camaraderie
- Greater mood and motivation
- Improved concentration and attention whilst working
- Greater focus
- Greater self esteem and confidence
- Improved morale and job satisfaction in the workplace
- Happier, healthier staff!
Benefits for employers
- Faster return to work after illness
- Reduced absenteeism (through improved health and well-being, as above) and associated costs
- Reduced presenteeism [attending work whilst unwell] and associated costs which are estimated x2.5 the costs of absenteeism.
- Increased employee satisfaction
- Increased employee productivity
- Improved communication
- Improved customer metrics
- Reduced employee turnover; lower rates of early retirement due to ill health and greater staff retention
- Improved corporate image
I offer bespoke workplace health programmes that are designed to meet the needs of your employees.
If you would like to talk to me about any of the following, please get in touch via the form below to arrange a discovery meeting.
- Health awareness taster days and events
- One-off presentations
- Healthy eating / Weight management courses
- Stress management
- Boosting productivity
- On-site / online programmes